|I got these bananas for 18 cents a pound by price matching!|
1) When the sale ads come in the mail, I sit down and circle everything that looks good.
2) If I’m good and responsible, I check my Costco price list to make sure it really is a better deal.
3) I look through my coupons and pull out the ones that are about to expire soon or match something in the ads.
4) I write up a list, including the prices from the sale ads with the name of the store noted, and head for Walmart.
5) If I find that the price at Walmart is cheaper then I put the item in my cart in a special "regular price" pile.
6) When I get to the check out I just load up the regular priced items first and tell the cashier I'm going to price match. I leave a decent space between the regular priced items and the matched items.
7) Some cashiers are great. The trick is smiling as big as you can, being organized, and having that sale ad handy in case they want to question you, which happens.
8) If they give me a hard time (which sometimes happens) I just choose to leave it there or I pay their price, depending on whether I really need it.
So there you have it - price matching! It's my preferred way to save money at the grocery.
Sarah Note: This post may contain a sponsored/affiliate/referral link. Thank you for supporting this site!