I followed a very good recipe from All Recipes.
There were a few minor changes I made which I indicate below.
Note: This post may contain a sponsored/affiliate/referral link. Thank you for supporting this site!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup fresh bread crumbs1 cup store bought bread crumbs
1 tablespoon dried parsley2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- (Also added 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 of a carrot and 1/2 of a roasted red pepper)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes10 garden fresh tomatoes (peeled and crushed)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper