I made these cookies for a friend of mine who is pregnant. We got to talking about walnut chocolate chip cookies. Don't most conversations turn to sweets? :-) I decided I would make her some cookies, and these are DELICIOUS. There is nothing like a good homemade cookie that is easy to make, chewy and full of chocolatey, nutty goodness.
- 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter-flavored Crisco, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.(I used an ice cream scooper to make larger cookies)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- * Please note that because my cookies were big, and I put two cookie trays in the oven, cooking time might vary. Bake them for only 10-12 minutes if baking only one dozen cookies at a time.
- I was able to make 24 large cookies with the recipe above.