I think I'm having a love affair with garbanzos. My husband is from Spain, and my mother-in-law adds them to several dishes. So, I've ventured to see how I can use garbanzos in my own kitchen.
I made the best hummus the other day. I was so proud of myself. It was fresh and lemony with a hint of spiciness. Please let me know if you try it!
Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Note: This post may contain a sponsored/affiliate/referral link. Thank you for supporting this site!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
puree chickpeas, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth and fluffy.
refrigerate 1 hour...EASY!