I bought Charmin the other day and it WASN'T on sale. But I had a Smith's $3/1 e-coupon, plus a .25/1 paper coupon so I could stomach the purchase. :) Anyway, the e-coupon did not come off! What! I wasn't about to make a fuss at the store with my kids in tow, so I went home with the sting of buyers remorse (lol).
Since the coupon was for $3 I decided to take action. Here is what you do in case this happens to you.
Sign in to your account
Go to View My Coupons
click on Coupon Help
Fill out info under Contact Us
for Type of Help use: Problem using coupon at store
I promptly got an email back from them and they wanted the following information:
First, please log into your account and check that (1) your card number is
entered correctly, and (2) the items you purchased meet the requirements
for the coupons.
Do these coupons appear in the "Redeemed" tab when you view your coupons?
Do these coupons appear in the "Active Coupons" tab when you view your
Then, please email us the following information:
1) Your shopper's card number
2) Date that you purchased the item(s) and at which store
3) Was your card swiped? or was your phone number used? (if your phone
number was used, was it typed into the credit card pin pad.) *
4) The qualifying item(s) purchased (please include upc code and price)
5) Was another digital coupon for the same item applied to the receipt?
6) Was a paper coupon used for the item(s)? If yes, what was the value of
the paper coupon?
7) Was the qualifying item on sale as a "Manager's Special" (a different
upc code sticker would be on the item).
My scanner wasn't working so I took a picture of the receipt and emailed that along with the info. The next day I got an email back apologizing and saying that there was a $3 credit on my card! This may seem like a lot of work for some, but just knowing that an issue like this can be easily fixed puts me at ease using e-coupons.