Go support Kori, she's running the 1/2! Hope to see you there! Here's what else is going on:
The National "got milk?®" Milk Mustache Mobile Tour is crossing the country from March to September to help celebrate those special moments that families share around the dinner table and show moms that serving milk at dinnertime is an easy, and affordable, way to help make sure their families get the nutrition they need.
Mayor Corroon has declared April 18 as “Milk the Moment Family Dinner Day” as part of our campaign in your city. To celebrate the day, local residents can get free milk, milkshakes, and pose for their own celebrity-inspired Milk Mustache photo! Event attendees will also meet Miss Utah and Miss Utah Outstanding Teen on April 18. The tour also offers moms a chance to share how they “milk the moment” at dinnertime for a chance to win an unforgettable family dinner with Milk Mustache celebrity and Chef Tyler Florence.
SALT LAKE CITY EVENT SCHEDULE & DETAILS:
SATURDAY, APRIL 17
Location: Salt Lake City Marathon , finish line
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
SUNDAY, APRIL 18
Location: Utah’s Hogle Zoo
Time: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2-4 p.m.
At the “Milk the Moment” Tour events in Salt Lake City residents can:
- Pose for celebrity-inspired souvenir Milk Mustache photos
· Enter the “Milk the Moment” contest for a chance to win a trip to San Francisco for a family dinner with Milk Mustache celebrity and chef Tyler Florence
· “Aim” toward good health by participating in a football toss activity that focuses on the importance of eating healthy and physical activity
- Sample ice-cold lowfat and fat free milk from local dairies: Cream O’Weber, Meadow Gold Dairies and Smith’s Food and Drug Stores
- Explore an interactive display that puts milk head-to-head with other dinnertime beverage choices
· Interact with local registered dietitian about the benefits of milk and how it can help build strong families
- “Pass the Gallon” through Facebook to benefit Feeding America and ensure all moms can help build strong families with milk
· Receive an exclusive, behind-the-scenes peek at the latest news from the campaign, including welcome messages from Milk Mustache celebrities